Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: peer-reviewed study found at least 217,000 Americans who died from Covid-19 vaccines
Lead Stories rating: False (Study Flagged)
Fact Check: Peer-Reviewed Study Did NOT Find At Least 217,000 Americans Died From COVID Vaccines
|Claim via Social Media: Says President Joe Biden was recorded talking about bank collapse.
Politifact rating: Pants on Fire (Fake)
Audio clip of President Joe Biden talking about bank collapse is fake, experts said
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: Biden is bailing out Silicon Valley Bank with ‘your tax dollars’
USA Today rating: False (No direct taxpayer funds will be used to address Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse. The bank’s depositors will instead be covered by funds from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and its Deposit Insurance Fund, which is funded by assessments paid by banks and interest earned on government investments.)
Fact check: Misleading claim Biden used tax dollars to bail out SVB
|Claim by Viral Image: Time Magazine posted a cover calling Donald Trump ‘the worst president ever’
Check Your Fact rating: False (The cover is digitally edited. It cannot be found on the publication’s official archive of covers.)
FACT CHECK: Did Time Magazine Call Donald Trump ‘The Worst President Ever?’
|Claim via Social Media: Former President Donald Trump tweeted, “The storm is upon us.”
Politifact rating: False (He did not)
Former President Donald Trump didn’t tweet this QAnon phrase
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Prime Minister Anthony Albanese is breaching referendum rules by not providing equal funding to both sides of the voice to parliament campaign.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Equal funding for “yes” and “no” campaigns is not required under legislation or the Constitution.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Biden calls for repeal of Uganda’s new anti-gay law, threatens sanctionsby newsfactsnetwork on May 30, 2023 at 7:48 am
- Biden’s student debt plan hangs in balance as major Supreme Court rulings loomby newsfactsnetwork on May 30, 2023 at 7:18 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on May 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Next Big Futureby Media Bias Fact Check on May 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- FDA Approves First Oral Antiviral Drug for COVID-19by newsfactsnetwork on May 30, 2023 at 1:17 am
- Family Of Missing Pakistani Journalist Fears For His Lifeby newsfactsnetwork on May 29, 2023 at 11:25 am
- AI-generated misinformation likely to pose hazard in U.S. election campaignsby newsfactsnetwork on May 29, 2023 at 11:19 am
- Russia issues arrest warrant for Lindsey Graham over Ukraine commentsby newsfactsnetwork on May 29, 2023 at 11:11 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/22/2023"