Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Tommy Tuberville (R): “Half the kids in this country, when they graduate, can’t read their diploma.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Data shows that as many as two-thirds of American high school graduates have underdeveloped reading skills, measured by common standards for their grade level. However, the people in this category are not so functionally illiterate that they cannot read a diploma.)
Most US high school grads read below standard. That doesn’t mean half can’t read their diplomas
|Claim via Social Media: Feeding America is handing out 500 Walmart Food Stamps and Gift Cards to help US residents cope with rising prices.
Lead Stories rating: False (Phishing Scam)
Fact Check: Offers Of Walmart Gift Cards On Facebook Are NOT Associated With Feeding America Food Bank Network
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Inventor Maxwell Chikumbutso has developed a way to harvest energy from radio waves to power an electric car that never needs charging.
Lead Stories rating: No Evidence (there is no evidence of independent research to document if, or how, this green power technology works.)
Fact Check: Maxwell Chikumbutso’s ‘Self-Powered’ Electric Car Invention Is NOT Documented To Function As Claimed
|Claim via Social media: ’15-minute cities’ are really ‘climate change lockdowns’
USA Today rating: False (The creator of the “15-minute cities” concept says the post misconstrues the nature of the plan, which aims to increase goods and services for residents. There’s no mention of lockdowns or confining residents to their communities on the “15-minute cities” website or in the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.)
Fact check: False claim ‘15-minute cities’ plan will confine residents
|Claim via Social Media: 18 million Americans have been left seriously injured by Covid-19 vaccinations.
Full Fact rating: False (An estimated 18 million Americans vaccinated against Covid-19 sought medical attention at some point after being vaccinated. That estimate is itself uncertain, and even if accurate, would not show that all those cases were caused by the vaccine.)
Claims 18 million Americans ‘seriously injured’ by Covid-19 vaccines are misleading – Full Fact
|FALSE||(International: Uganda): “USA gives final warning to Uganda to legalize homosexuality,” or no aid.
Politifact rating: False (The viral video clip is from 2014, not 2023. The U.S. did restrict aid to Uganda in 2014 over anti-LGBTQ legislation, but today the U.S. offers over $950 million dollars per year to the African nation.)
U.S is not threatening aid to Uganda over new anti-LGBTQ bill; this video clip is outdated
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Niskanen Centerby Media Bias Fact Check on June 6, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Israel’s Netanyahu appoints new media advisor, journalist who had called Biden ‘unfit,’ report saysby newsfactsnetwork on June 5, 2023 at 1:08 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/05/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 5, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Newsdayby Media Bias Fact Check on June 5, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Texas bans gender-affirming care for minors after Gov. Abbott signs billby newsfactsnetwork on June 5, 2023 at 2:16 am
- Federal judge rejects Tennessee drag show ban as unconstitutionalby newsfactsnetwork on June 4, 2023 at 6:21 pm
- DeSantis hits Trump from the right while the ex-president looks ahead to the general electionby newsfactsnetwork on June 4, 2023 at 3:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/04/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on June 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/21/2023"