Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “The January 6 committee disbanded immediately after the new footage was released.”
Politifact rating: False (The House Select Committee to investigate the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol shut down in early January. It didn’t disband in connection with a March 6 Fox News segment.)
|Claim by davidjharrisjr.com: Children’s hospital of Philadelphia offers gender affirming care to three 3-year-olds.
Lead Stories rating: False (The hospital’s Gender and Sexuality Development Program offers “psychosocial and medical support for gender nonconforming, gender expansive and transgender children and youth up to age 21 and their families.” However, in pre-pubescent children below the age of 8, the program only offers social and behavioral support to a child’s caregiver, which is described by the program’s director as “parent-only support.”)
|Claim by Stew Peters: Joe Biden advisor John Podesta is in naked body paint photo?
Newsweek rating: False (The man in the photo is not John Podesta.)
|Claim by Joe Biden (D): “If you add up” Republican budget proposals, they “would add more than $3 trillion to the debt over 10 years.”
FactCheck.org rating: Mostly False (President Biden is cherry-picking: There are some Republican proposals that would add to the debt, but the most recent Republican Study Committee budget proposal also includes deep spending cuts, which would trim deficits far more than Biden proposed doing.)
|Claim by Viral Image: A post shared on Facebook claims Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar introduced a bill to ban the sale of bacon nationwide.
Check Your Fact rating: False (She did not.)
|FALSE||(International: New Zealand): The “biggest increase in registered deaths in 100 years” in New Zealand is due to the nation’s high vaccination rate.
Lead Stories rating: False (Death from Covid-19 are the reason, not vaccines.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm
- U.S. Life Expectancy Rises in 2022, Recovering from Pandemic Impactby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 10:34 am
- Trump Accuses Pence Of Trying To ‘Curry Favor’ With DOJ In Federal Election Case To Avoid Criminal Chargesby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 am
- Biden Targets Boebert in Colorado Visit Amid Political Strategyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 8:12 am