Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by the National Republican Senatorial Committee: “Tammy Baldwin wants to take away” Medicare and Social Security.
Politifact rating: False (Baldwin has supported increasing access and funding for Social Security and Medicare over the years. However, she voted yes on the American Rescue Act, which had the potential to cut Medicare benefits. But, she also co-sponsored a bill that avoided the risk of the cuts.
|Claim by halturnerradioshow.com: COVID-19 shots cause “vaccine-induced AIDS” (VAIDS) and they caused a 500% increase in HIV in the U.S. military during 2021.
Lead Stories rating: False (Not Vax-Caused)
|FALSE||Claim by Occupy Democrats: “156 congressional Republicans … just voted to RAISE the retirement age to 70”
FactCheck.org rating: False (Congress has not voted on the proposal.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Donald Trump Booed During CPAC 2023 Speech?
Newsweek rating: False (Video and tweets from the scene confirm the boos were directed at a protester who attempted to interrupt Trump’s speech at CPAC.)
|Claim by Social media: Edward Snowden exposed HAARP’s ‘global assassination agenda’
USA Today rating: False (The article featured in the video comes from a satirical news website. Snowden has not released any kind of documentation of an assassination agenda associated with the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program, also known as HAARP.)
|FALSE||(International: India): BJP spokesperson Gaurav Bhatia criticised PM Modi.
The Quint rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- U.S. Warship and Commercial Vessels Attacked in Red Sea Amid Israel-Hamas Conflictby newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 1:26 pm
- Muslim Leaders Withdraw Support for Biden Over Gaza Ceasefire Stanceby newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 8:47 am
- Trump, Who Sought to Undermine Democracy, Labels Biden as ‘Destroyer of American Democracy’by newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 7:32 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/03/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on December 3, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Asheville Citizen-Timesby Media Bias Fact Check on December 3, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Ukraine blocks ex-president from leaving country amid alleged plan to meet pro-Putin Hungary’s Orbanby newsfactsnetwork on December 2, 2023 at 11:16 pm
- Walmart says it is not advertising on social platform Xby newsfactsnetwork on December 2, 2023 at 10:16 pm
- Biden Administration Announces Rule to Cut Millions of Tons of Methane Emissionsby newsfactsnetwork on December 2, 2023 at 3:18 pm