Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump (R): On what South Korea pays the U.S. to maintain American military bases there: “I had a deal for full payment to us, $Billions, and Biden gave it away.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (Trump never got it done. When he was president, Trump sought billions of dollars more from South Korea, but negotiations stalled in 2020 and an agreement was never reached. Soon after being elected, President Joe Biden inked a new five-year deal in which South Korea agreed to increase its cost-sharing payment by 13.9% in 2021.
|Claim via Social Media: A 19-year-old girl in Texas has been sentenced to 96 years in prison after Police found out she traveled across state lines to get an abortion
Lead Stories rating: False (Orgininated as satire and shared by some on the left.)
Fact Check: ’19-Year-Old Girl In Texas’ NOT Sentenced To ’96 Years In Prison’ After Abortion
|FALSE||Claim by Viral image: “Every single one” of former President Barack Obama’s Medal of Freedom recipients in this video “was on Epstein’s flight logs.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Among the eight Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients featured in this video, only one person appeared in Jeffrey Epstein’s flight logs: Bill Gates.)
Did these Medal of Freedom recipients fly on Jeffrey Epstein’s plane? Not according to flight logs
|Claim by Occupy Democrats: Carter sold peanut farm before presidency, Trump biz made $2.4B during his.
USA Today rating: Mostly False (Carter put his peanut farm into a blind trust during the presidency – he didn’t sell it. A blind trusts allow someone to retain ownership of an asset while transferring management to another person or institution. Forbes reported in 2021 that former President Donald Trump’s business made $2.4 billion in revenue during his presidency.
Fact check: Jimmy Carter put his peanut farm into a blind trust during presidency
|Claim via Social Media: Audio is a “record of Biden trying to cover up his stolen documents crime.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Not Real)
Purported voicemail from President Joe Biden about government records isn’t authentic
|(International: France): A video shared on Facebook claims to show a black refugee attacking a priest in France.
Check Your Fact rating: False (The video shows a mentally ill man in Guyana, not France. There is no evidence he is a refugee.)
FACT CHECK: Does This Video Show A Black Refugee Attacking A Priest In France?
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- A string of assassinations in Afghanistan point to ISIS-K resurgence – and US officials warn of possible attacks on American interests in next 6 monthsby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:21 am
- Chinese COVID data from animal market gives clues on origins of virus, scientists sayby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:12 am
- Montana senator wants to block mandatory diversity trainingby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:38 am
- US says China and Russia blocking UN action on North Koreaby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:34 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/21/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Citizen (Australia)by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Judge blocks California law requiring safety features for handgunsby newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 7:45 pm
- Mike Pence says potential Trump arrest would be a ‘politically charged prosecution’by newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 02/26/2023"