Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|TRUE||Claim by the Daily Mail: U. S. President Joe Biden was building a wall on his beach house property using taxpayer money in 2023.
Snopes rating: True (These types of security enhancements allow for more efficient Secret Service protection and are commonplace for current — and even former — U.S. presidents.)
|FALSE||Claim by Tucker Carlson: The election in Brazil “was very clearly a rigged election.”
Politifact rating: False (He is making it up. Brazilian and international observers of the election concluded that the election was not rigged.)
|Claim via Social media: Pilots started training for sudden death during a flight in 2022.
USA Today rating: False (This training is nothing new. The Federal Aviation Administration, major airlines and an aviation expert said that pilots have trained for in-flight incapacitation for decades. The FAA said it is not aware of any cases of in-flight pilot deaths related to the COVID-19 vaccine.
|Claim via Social Media: Egg prices have increased due to a bird flu outbreak.
VERIFYThis.com rating: Mostly True (Egg prices have increased due to a bird flu outbreak and inflation.)
|Claim by Hakeem Jeffries (D): A “default on our debt” would be unprecedented in American history.
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (The closest analogue might be a delay in payments to bondholders in 1979 because of technical glitches. But most payments resumed in a few days or a week, once the glitches were fixed.)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): Former president Ferdinand E. Marcos invested 200,000 metric tons of gold in Switzerland.
Rappler rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Suspected Chinese spy balloon flying above U.S. shot down off Carolina coastby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 3:07 pm
- US considering plan to down Chinese balloon over Atlanticby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 3:01 pm
- Pakistan Blocks Wikipedia Over ‘Blasphemous Content’by newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 9:52 am
- Concrete traps carbon dioxide soaked from air in climate-friendly testby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 7:21 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 02/04/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on February 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Literacy Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on February 4, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Another Chinese ‘surveillance balloon’ is flying over Latin America, Pentagon saysby newsfactsnetwork on February 3, 2023 at 8:39 pm
- Blinken postpones China trip following balloon discoveryby newsfactsnetwork on February 3, 2023 at 3:41 pm