Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: People who stole U.S. Postal Service uniforms are posing as postal workers and robbing people at gunpoint.
PolitiFact rating: False (The U.S. Postal Service’s law enforcement arm told PolitiFact it has no knowledge of a uniform store theft, and we found no evidence of a series of armed robberies involving fake mail carriers.)
|Claim via Social Media: Chemtrails should be more visible when it’s cold, yet they are seen more commonly during the summer.
Full Fact rating: False (Contrails may be less visible in winter as the weather is less humid.)
|MISLEADING||Claim by Epoch Times: “Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to Blood Clotting: FDA”
Health Feedback Rating: Misleading (Although the study observed an association between the vaccine and certain blood clotting disorders when comparing vaccinated people with historical pre-COVID data, this association disappeared after the researchers controlled for potential confounding factors like healthcare-seeking behavior and COVID-19 itself. This suggests that the initial association wasn’t a true association with the vaccine.)
|Claim via Social Media: Chick-fil-A Just Donated ‘Another $1.8 Million To Anti-LGBTQ Groups’
Lead Stories rating: False (Old Headline)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Elon Musk said, “In some parts of the world, journalists get murdered for crossing the wrong people.”
Politfact rating: False (not Musk)
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): 78% of Muslim women and 63% of Muslim men don’t work and receive free benefits or housing.
Full Fact rating: False (These numbers are exaggerated. In 2021/22, an estimated 44% of Muslims were either unemployed or economically inactive in Great Britain. We don’t know how many receive benefits. Old census data from 2011 shows 27% of Muslim households in England and Wales lived in social housing.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Daily Source Bias Check: SCOTUSblogby Media Bias Fact Check on September 25, 2023 at 4:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/24/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on September 24, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Sentencing Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on September 24, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Scientists regenerate neurons that restore walking in mice after paralysis from spinal cord injuryby newsfactsnetwork on September 24, 2023 at 2:17 am
- Nebraska Mom Who Gave Teen Daughter Abortion Pills Sentenced To Two Years In Prisonby newsfactsnetwork on September 23, 2023 at 9:16 pm
- US and Vietnam Discuss Potential Arms Deal Amid Regional Tensionsby newsfactsnetwork on September 23, 2023 at 2:52 pm
- MBFC’s Weekly Media Literacy Quiz Covering the Week of Sep 17th – Sep 23rdby Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 7:30 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/23/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 6:00 am