News of Elon Musk’s corporate takeover of social media giant Twitter dominated headlines late Thursday into Friday morning.
The bombastic billionaire’s $44 billion deal with Twitter immediately set off a firestorm of speculation about what the platform might look like under a new executive who has characterized himself as a First Amendment absolutist and sparked controversy with his own social media posts.
Hours after news of Musk’s takeover broke, a fake statement from Trump began circulating online.
“Congratulations to Elon Musk on his purchase of Twitter. Many people are saying that change was needed, as the old management was too concerned with the woke agenda,” the fabricated statement read. “I have been told that my account will be back up and running on Monday — we will see. Happy to be able to engage with an African-American owned business!”
A number of media and political personalities shared the statement with their followers and viewers, including newly minted MSNBC host Alex Wagner.
Latest from Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2023
- Daily Source Bias Check: Save Jersey
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2023
- Daily Source Bias Check: Santa Monica Observer
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2023
- Daily Source Bias Check: Sayfie Review
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2023 (Weekend Edition)
- Daily Source Bias Check: Scroll.in
- MBFC’s Weekly Media Literacy Quiz Covering the Week of Sep 24th – Sep 30th
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2023 (Weekend Edition)
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.