Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page ad-free
See all MBFC content Ad-Free
|Claim by Glenn Youngkin (R): “In Virginia, we actually do protect same-sex marriage.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (A disputed Supreme Court ruling in 2015 guarantees same-sex marriage in Virginia and across the nation. The ruling supersedes a provision in Virginia’s constitution banning same-sex marriage. Should the high court abandon it’s 2015 ruling, same-sex marriage would be instantly outlawed in Virginia.)
|Claim by President Joe Biden (D): Biden Claims U.S. Inflation ‘Lowest of Almost Every Major Nation’
Newsweek rating: Mostly False (Comparing and contrasting the U.S. figures with the available stats across the rest of the world shows that it is performing better than some, but worse than many others, including its peers.)
|FALSE||Claim by Charlie Christ (D): “Ron DeSantis still hasn’t condemned the Jan. 6 insurrection.”
Politifact rating: False (Two instances of DeSantis condemning the violence that erupted at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. However, DeSantis has not characterized the riot as an insurrection.
|Claim via Social Media: Why was nobody arrested inside of the Capitol on January 6th if a crime was being committed.
Lead Stories rating: False (Crimes committed and arrests made.)
|FALSE||Claim by Herschel Walker (R): Suggested that U.S. climate efforts were pointless because “China’s bad air” would simply move over into American “air space.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (greenhouse gases disperse globally into the atmosphere; therefore, this is not true.)
|FALSE||(International: South Africa): According to recent studies, high air pollution levels in Johannesburg have reduced life expectancy by 3.2 years.
Africa Check rating: Incorrect (No evidence)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/19/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Higher Perspectiveby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Brian Stelter to depart CNN as it cancels 'Reliable Sources' media showby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 6:10 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/18/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bemidji Pioneerby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/17/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 17, 2022 at 10:30 am