Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|Claim via Social Media: Video shows Ukrainian crisis actors come to life after pretending to be dead.
PolitiFact rating: False (The people under the tarps aren’t crisis actors from Ukraine trying to fool people into thinking they are dead. They were part of a protest against climate change that was held in Vienna, Austria, on Feb. 4.)
|Claim via Social Media: The Ukrainian Flag Was Draped On The Statue Of Liberty.
Lead Stories rating: False (Not In USA)
|Claim via Social Media: The IRS is taking money away from people who received unemployment benefits.
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (Receiving unemployment benefits does not mean that a federal income tax refund will be reduced. )
|FALSE||Claim by The Epoch Times: COVID-19 vaccine mRNA is converted to DNA and enters the cell’s nucleus, so the vaccines can potentially change our DNA
Health Feedback rating: Inaccurate (The study didn’t show reverse-transcribed DNA entering the nucleus. It also didn’t show that the DNA was integrated into the cell’s genome.)
|TRUE||Claim: Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Mykhailo Fedorov wrote a letter to Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg, calling for the company to block access to Facebook and Instagram in Russia.
Snopes.com rating: True (Russia ultimately blocked it themselves.)
|FALSE||(International: India): Video shows voter fraud by the BJP during the 2022 Uttar Pradesh elections.
The Quint rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am