Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|Claim via Social Media: When children are given vaccines for COVID-19, “a viral gene will be injected into your children’s cells. This gene forces your child’s body to make toxic spike proteins. These proteins often cause permanent damage in children’s critical organs.”
Politifact rating: False (Pseudoscience)
|Claim via Social Media: “flurona” a new cross-breed virus resulting from combination of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and seasonal influenza.
Lead Stories rating: False (Flu and SARS-CoV-2 can’t combine their DNA to create a new virus. It is just person who has the flu and covid at the same time.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Dr. Fauci gains profits from pharmaceutical companies.
Logically rating: False (no evidence)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: Former U.S. Vice President Mike Pence warned on Jan. 6, 2021, that pro-Trump rioters would be “prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”
Snopes rating: True
|FALSE||Claim by The Raging Patriot: “Chief Justice John Roberts goes after the highest court in the land, citing their ‘inappropriate political influence.’”
Politifact rating: False (John Roberts was pleading for judicial independence in his year-end report on the federal judiciary, not going after Supreme Court justices for their “inappropriate political influence.”)
|FALSE||(International: India): Narendra Modi government’s Cabinet Committee on Security called for the removal of Sikhs from the Indian Army.
Logically rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am