Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim by We Love Trump: “Pfizer CEO: New Pill Will Have a Microchip That Transmits Info Once You Swallow It!”
Politifact rating: False (The video clip of the Pfizer CEO is from 2018, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. He was referring to a drug that had just been approved for treating schizophrenia.)
|Claim via social media: Fox News reported that Trump “vowed to pardon Ghislaine Maxwell if he wins in 2024.”
Check Your Fact rating: False (He did not say that)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Tylenol “ruins your ability to kill” COVID-19.
Politifact rating: False (Health officials have recommended the use of Tylenol and other fever-lowering medications to treat COVID-19 symptoms.)
|TRUE||Claim by American Thoracic Society Critical Care Assembly: The math+ protocol retracted from Journal of Intensive Care Medicine.
Lead Stories rating: True (MATH+ is an experimental and controversial drug protocol consisting of blood thinners, steroids and vitamins that is advocated by the anti-vaccine group Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC).
|FALSE||Claim by Save America PAC: President Joe Biden “never had a” COVID-19 “plan.”
Politifact rating: False (As a candidate and as president, Biden has put forth a number of detailed plans to try to counter the virus.)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): Kris Aquino stole the jewelry of Imelda Marcos
VERA Files rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am