Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
|FALSE||Claim by Tammy Nichols and Zerohedge: “Pfizer’s new oral antiviral is just a protease inhibitor just like Ivermectin. They’re literally repackaging ivermectin to sell to the masses with a new name.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (completely different chemically: Whereas ivermectin is made of just three kinds of atoms — carbon, hydrogen and oxygen — Pfizer’s drug also contains chlorine, nitrogen and sulfur; Merck’s drug also contains nitrogen, and its molecular weight is less than half that of ivermectin. Structurally, too, the drugs bear no resemblance.)
|Claim via Social Media: A study found airport body scanners can unzip and interfere with DNA replication.
USA Today rating: False (no comment)
|Claim by Patrick Testin (R): Says “the vast majority of the (refugees) coming into Fort McCoy are not the SIVs” and some have “no documentation at all.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (Testin’s comments echo media reports and what is generally known about the refugees.)
|Claim by Donald Trump (R): “In Pennsylvania, thousands of voters reported receiving at least two ballots in the mail, and many others reported receiving mail-in ballots without requesting them. They just happened to flow in. They flowed in on Election Day.”
The Washington Post rating: Four Pinocchios (More conspiracy nonsense)
|TRUE||Claim by Gavin Newsom (D): California has the lowest COVID case rate of any state in the United States.
Newsweek rating: True
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): A law has been passed granting the distribution of a P10,000 monthly allowance for senior citizens and persons with disabilities (PWDs)
VERA Files rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am