These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Cheddar Left-Center biased based on story selection and wording that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Cheddar Inc. is a live streaming financial news network founded in 2016 by Jon Steinberg. Steinberg is the former president of Buzzfeed. Cheddar broadcasts live daily from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ, the Flatiron Building in New York City, and the White House lawn and briefing room in Washington, D.C. covering new products, technologies, and services.
According to their about page “Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company. Cheddar broadcasts live on SlingTV, Hulu Live, YouTube TV, Philo, Twitter, Facebook Watch, Pluto, Xumo and more.”
“Cheddar currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.”
Cheddar has been dubbed the “CNBC of the internet” that targets a millennial audience.
Funded by / Ownership
Cheddar lists its investors as “Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.” Cheddar’s revenue model consists of advertising and carriage agreements with streaming services.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Cheddar covers financial news via steaming networks, video, and website articles. Website articles usually are accompanied by video and utilize minimally loaded words such as this: Marijuana Earnings Reveal Troubling Trend in Canadian Cannabis. This article is also properly sourced from Canadian media. When it comes to politics Cheddar tends to present a negative view of President Trump as evidenced by this: Madeleine Albright: Trump Is the ‘Least Democratic President’ in Modern U.S. History and this Trump’s Work Ethic in Question After Private Schedules Leaked. Cheddar also tends to report positively on issues that are favored by the left, such as climate change.
In general, Cheddar’s information is well-sourced and slightly favors the left in story selection and tone.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Cheddar Left-Center biased based on story selection and wording that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/14/2019) Updated (12/15/2020)
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am