These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the BlackSphere far right biased and borderline Questionable based on one-sided propaganda that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks. The BlackSphere will move to the questionable list with one more failed fact check.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2011 by conservative commentator Kevin Jackson, The Blacksphere is a politically conservative website that provides a link for Kevin Jackson’s radio show and publishes news. According to their about page Jackson “writes a regular blog, and is a syndicated writer for TakiMag.com. He also contributes to Breitbart’s Big Government, Human Events and American Thinker. His work has been featured in Townhall.com, and other national political journals and websites.”
Read our profile on United States government and media.
Funded by / Ownership
BlackSphere is owned solely by Kevin Jackson and is funded through advertisements and the sale of Jackson’s books.
Analysis / Bias
In review, BlackSphere publishes original articles by Jackson that are supportive of President Trump and denigrates liberals. Many articles link to his radio show. Most articles and headlines feature highly loaded emotional wording that favors the right such as this White House’s SCATHING Rebuke of NY Gov Cuomo. This story is sourced to tweets and the New York Daily News. Another example of denigration of the left is this story Democrats PANIC: Leftist Icons Call Latest Strategy Pure Madness. This story is again sourced to social media and the non-credible Washington Times. Further, the story features an unflattering photo of Nancy Pelosi, which is typical of this website. Finally, throughout the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020, this source has routinely published misleading information. In general, all stories favor the far-right and Donald Trump, while denigrating liberals.
Failed Fact Checks
- “Muslim ties” to the Notre Dame fire. – False
- Did Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, make similar allegations against Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch? – False
- Michael Brown’s mother posted comments on social media celebrating the shooting of two Ferguson police officers. – False
- The Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) has proposed that white people should have to pay a “black tax” or a “white tax” for not having enough melanin in their skin and benefiting from white privilege. – False
Overall, we rate the BlackSphere far right biased and borderline Questionable based on one-sided propaganda that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks. The BlackSphere will move to the questionable list with one more failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 10/15/2016) Updated (9/6/2020)
Left vs. Right Bias: How we rate the bias of media sources
Be the first to comment on "Daily Source Bias Check: The BlackSphere"