The code of principles of the International Fact-Checking Network IFCN at Poynter is a series of commitments organizations abide by to promote excellence in fact-checking. The following fact checks come from IFCN fact checkers. (D. Van Zandt)
|Claim via Social Media: Hospitals get paid $750 for patients who die from the flu, $17,500 for COVID-19.
Politifact rating: False
|Claim via Social Media: H.R. 5717 would implement a 30% tax on all gun sales and 50% tax on all ammunition sales
USA Today Fact Check rating: True
|Claim by Donald Trump: The novel coronavirus “is going to go away without a vaccine.”
FactCheck.org rating: Not Based in Science
|Claim via Social Media: Is the U.S. survival rate for COVID-19 cases 99.983 percent?
Lead Stories rating: False
|Claim via Social Media: Social media users have been sharing an image online that shows a cover of TIME magazine featuring President Donald J. Trump, with the text “TIME … to go”
Reuters Fact Check rating: False
|(International: India) Claim: Pro-Pakistan slogans shouted at a railway station in Mumbai, India
AFP Fact Check rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by the IFCN. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm