Twitter announced that it is permanently suspending Jacob Wohl, a 21-year-old Internet hoaxer and supporter of President Donald Trump, following the publication of a USA TODAY article in which he boasted of using the social media platform to spread lies and disinformation.
Wohl said when reached by USA TODAY that he had never created a false or misleading account. “I’ve had accounts for my businesses and my future think tank, but that’s about it,” Wohl said, confirming that all of those accounts had been “nuked” Tuesday afternoon. “I’ve not created fake accounts or bot armies or anything like that”.
When asked the name of the “future think tank,” Wohl declined to provide it, saying he planned to use it in a “clandestine manner”.
Among accounts that were suspended was that of Surefire Intelligence, Wohl’s operation that played a central role in his scheme to disgrace Special Counsel Robert Mueller in the days before the midterm elections.
Wohl said that he was not bothered by the suspension, saying that he was trending on Twitter even as his accounts had been suspended.
Full Story @ USA Today
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm