Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has accused Iran of a hiding a secret nuclear weapons program. However, Iran says it is part of a move to put pressure on the United States to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal.
Netayahu showcased what he said were documents that demonstrated Iran’s intention to continue pursuing a nuclear weapons program despite the 2015 deal it signed with the international community. Netayahu called it one of the greatest achievements in the history of Israeli intelligence (CNN).
Most of the files Netanyahu revealed dated to the period before the 2015 accord was signed. However, he said Iran had also kept important files on nuclear technology since then.
Iran Foreign Minister Javad Zarif refuted claims on Twitter saying the evidence was a “rehash of old allegations” which had already been dealt with by the United Nations nuclear watchdog.
Zarif called the broadcast a “childish” stunt to influence President Donald Trump’s decision on whether to remain in a nuclear deal with Iran.
Pres. Trump is jumping on a rehash of old allegations already dealt with by the IAEA to “nix” the deal. How convenient. Coordinated timing of alleged intelligence revelations by the boy who cries wolf just days before May 12. But Trump’s impetuousness to celebrate blew the cover
BREAKING: The boy who can’t stop crying wolf is at it again. Undeterred by cartoon fiasco at UNGA. You can only fool some of the people so many times.
Trump has threatened to pull the United States out of the international deal unless it is renegotiated by May 12. Under the the framework of the deal Iran would redesign, convert, and reduce its nuclear facilities in return for the lifting of international sanctions.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am