U.S Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, in a surprising move has sought to put an end to fears over heightened US-North Korea tensions by playing down President Trump’s recent warning that unleash “fire and fury” on the hermit state.
Tillerson, whilst defending the President’s recent comments at the same played down the fears, insisting that there is no evidence to suggest that the threat level from North Korea had changed saying “Nothing that I have seen and nothing that I know of would indicate that the situation has dramatically changed in the last 24 hours,” and that Americans should “sleep sound at night”
In an unprecedented turn, President Donald Trump had appeared to threaten full scale Nuclear war with North Korea. A response to continued threats and Nuclear testing by the isolated State.
“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen,” Trump said
Hours after Trump’s comments was made, Pyongyang warned that it would launch preemptive military strikes against the United States, saying it would “turn the US mainland into the theater of a nuclear war”
Tillerson also defended the President’s comments by saying “I think what the President was doing was sending a strong message to North Korea in language that Kim Jong Un would understand, because he doesn’t seem to understand diplomatic language,”
By Aaron O’Leary – Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black America Webby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WFMZby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am