Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2019, Watchdog Report is a conservative news and opinion website that lacks transparency. The website does not list the names of authors or editors, and it is not immediately clear who owns them. According to their about page, “WatchDog Report exists to bring you unfiltered, unbiased news from every corner of the USA. We’re passionate about bringing truthful reporting to the masses, arming each of our readers with the information they need to actively prevent the liberal elites’ abuse of power.”
Funded by / Ownership
Watchdog Report does not clearly state who owns them; however, they list an address for Prime Media Network based in California on the contact page. Prime Media Network is vague in their description of services, but it appears they publish content and multiple websites “Prime Media specializes in publishing informative daily news, analyst views, product reviews, and how-to guides.” Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Watchdog Report publishes summaries of news stories that are short and easy to read. Articles and headlines contain moderately loaded emotional language such as this Afghanistan Refugees in America Skyrockets – Large Chunk on Welfare. This story is sourced from the far-right and questionable Center for Immigration Studies and the factually mixed GreggJarrett.com. All stories reviewed favor a conservative perspective and sometimes denigrate the left, such as this Joe Biden Refuses to Tackle Illegal Immigrants Bringing COVID Into America.
Editorially, they support typical conservative positions such as stricter immigration laws, no mask or vaccine mandates, and downplaying the January 6th Insurrection such as this Kevin McCarthy Pulls All Picks From Pelosi’s Witch Hunt. In general, all stories favor the right and often utilize poor sources who have failed fact checks.
Failed Fact Checks
- A third-party fact-checker has not fact-checked them.
Overall, we rate Watchdog Report right biased and borderline Questionable due to a lack of transparency, the use of poor sources, and reporting from a one-sided conservative perspective. (D. Van Zandt 9/21/2021)
Last Updated on January 20, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am