These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Washington Sources Left biased based on story selection that always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to lack of ownership disclosure and failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Washington Sources (formally Groopspeak) is a news and opinion website that does not have an about page, author information, or funding disclosure.
Funded by /Ownership
Again, this source chooses not to disclose ownership or funding (red flag). The website appears to be funded by online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Washington Sources has a strong left-wing bias as all stories favor the left and discredit the right. There is the use of loaded language in headlines and articles such as BREAKING: Trump’s Chief Of Staff Just Spilled The Beans On Resignation Story. Washington Sources generally uses credible sources to support their stories, however, there are significant left-biased opinions interjected throughout stories, which can be misleading. A factual search reveals some failed fact checks.
Overall, we rate Washington Sources Left biased based on story selection that always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to lack of ownership disclosure and failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 5/20/2018) Updated (7/30/2018)
Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds