Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2013 by Patrick Bet-David, Valuetainment is a news and opinion website that publishes news, videos, and podcasts. According to their about page, “This is a brand built by an entrepreneur who immigrated to America, who believes in capitalism and wants to give back in the form of content creation.”
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
The Valuetainment website features text-based news, YouTube videos, and a lineup of podcasters. News reporting covers business, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, pop culture, and sports. Articles and headlines often feature loaded emotional wording such as this OH NO! $3 Trillion Have Been WIPED from Americans’ Retirement Savings. This particular story is properly sourced from credible outlets.
Editorially, Valuetainment aligns with the right through frequently reporting negatively on President Joe Biden, such as this Did He Think Of This As He Was Falling Off His Bike? Desperate Biden Wants Suspension Of Gas Tax Which Informed People Know Is A Gimmick. On the other hand, they report positively on former President Trump Manhattan’s DA Was Fishing For A Whale But Caught A Minnow. Relentless Attempt To Charge Donald Trump Fails As His CFO Answers Charges.
When it comes to science, they often promote vaccine hesitancy and Covid misinformation. According to Factcheck.org, Patrick Bet-David has previously promoted anti-Covid Vaccination propaganda on the Joe Rogan show. While not openly stating former President Trump won the 2020 election, they frequently published articles and information that promote Trump’s and his advisors’ conspiracy theories Survey Says? President Trump Isn’t The Only Republican Lawmaker Who Does Not Believe Biden Won The Election. In general, Valuetainment is right-biased in support of conservatives and sometimes publishes false or misleading information.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate Valuetainment Right-Biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of misleading information and a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 06/29/2022)
Last Updated on July 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/19/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Higher Perspectiveby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Brian Stelter to depart CNN as it cancels 'Reliable Sources' media showby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 6:10 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/18/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bemidji Pioneerby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/17/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 17, 2022 at 10:30 am