A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Some Fake News
TheBreakingNews is a conservative news and opinion website. The site does not have an about page or any type of author information. TheBreakingNews uses excessive loaded emotional language that always favors the right such as this: “Jim Acosta attacks POTUS Trump’s uplifting speech to Texans – Trump supporters respond”. This headline portrays Jim Acosta (left) as doing something terrible to Trump, while at the same time praising Trump. This is a classic clickbait propaganda headline. TheBreakingNews attempts to source their information, but oftentimes it is to other Questionable extreme right websites such as Conservative 101. Lastly, TheBreakingNews has published a false claim via a fact-checker. Overall, we rate TheBreakingNews as a Questionable source due to extreme right bias, promotion of propaganda, and a poor track record with fact-checkers. (M. Huitsing 9/1/2017)
Update: as of 11/28/2018 this source is offline.
Last Updated on November 15, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am