These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
- Overall, we rate The Truth About Guns Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a one-sided perspective that leaves out some information for the reader.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Truth About Guns is a weblog about firearms that launched in February 2010. The blog posts cover a wide range of topics including gun politics, firearms products and accessories, current events relating to firearms, firearms business, ethics relating to firearms, firearms culture, firearms technology, and other firearms-related articles. The Truth About Guns also has a section dedicated to facts about guns.
Funded by / Ownership
The Truth About Guns does not clearly state ownership, but it appears Dan Zimmerman is the owner. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Truth About Guns reports on gun reviews, gear reviews, guns for beginners, and facts about guns. They also report news from a pro-gun, 2nd amendment perspective such as this Bloomberg: NRA Is Trying to Save Their Organization By Pushing Constitutional Carry… or Something. This story is properly sourced to Time and Bloomberg.
Editorially, they hold a conservative right perspective and frequently report negatively on the Biden Administrations’ policies such as this Biden to use GAO-Estimated ‘Gun Violence’ Healthcare Data to Push Gun Control Agenda. They also favored the former Trump Administration with articles such as this Trump Executive Order Expands Access to Concealed Carry Permits for Federal Prosecutors, Judges, and support for the NRA Wayne LaPierre to NRA Membership: ALL IS WELL! While we found them well-sourced to mostly credible information and institutions, it is very apparent that the aim is to only present info that favors guns and rejects gun control. Although the information is evidence-based, it is misleading because they only choose to present one side of this story.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Truth About Guns Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a one-sided perspective that leaves out some information for the reader. (D. Van Zandt 7/16/2017) Updated (7/21/2021)
Last Updated on July 21, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am