Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate The Greanville Post a strongly left biased source that occasionally publishes conspiracy and pseudoscience information in connection with Governments and Corporations.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Greanville Post is a Left leaning news and opinion website that promotes Marxism and anti-corporate information. According to their about page they are a “counter disinformation site; an instrument created to resist imperialism in the infowar sphere; seeking to spotlight the outrageous but increasingly common intersection of induced stupidity, high-handed political fraudulence and domestic and international criminality which characterize life in the American Empire in the early part of the 21st century.”
They further state “We publish many types of anti-imperialist analysis, including a substantive amount of materials originating with Marxian sources. This is only logical, considering we operate as independent leftists with a strong Marxist foundation ourselves. We do not however endorse any faction or tendency, including Trotskyism.”
The editor is Patrice Greanville, who occasionally writes for Russia Insider.
Funded by / Ownership
The Greanville Post is published by Greanville Publishing, LLC., which in turn a part of The Voice of Nature Network, Inc., (VNN) a not-for-profit organization. The website is funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Greanville Post claims they are an “Anti-Imperialist Tool”, they do this through publishing news and opinions that are anti-establishment and anti-capitalism. For example, they routinely report negatively on President Donald Trump as a Fascist such as this: The fascists in the White House. They also report negatively on centrist Democrats with this quote “For most of its history the US left has neglected or been incapable of developing a robust independent media apparatus of its own. By “left” I do not mean the centrist liberals, especially Democrats, who have almost somnambulistically co-opted the label “leftist” and have their own viewpoint amply represented throughout the corporate machine as well as supposedly “public venues (NPR, PBS, etc.)” The Greanville Post also reports favorably about Russia, often accusing the USA of conspiracies against them.
Overall, we rate The Greanville Post a strongly left biased source that occasionally publishes conspiracy and pseudoscience information in connection with Governments and Corporations. (D. Van Zandt 7/16/2019)
Last Updated on September 23, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WCAXby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Science.Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 8:00 am