- Overall, we rate The Frisky Left-Center biased and Questionable based on a lack of transparency, poor sourcing, and the promotion of pseudoscience.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: Serbia 93/100
Founded in 2008, The Frisky was a women’s entertainment and lifestyle website that was in print until 2016. They are currently online only with an about page that reads “For women, by women, The Frisky helps readers stay informed on the latest topics spanning the female landscape. Whether it’s sex, love, or feminism, The Frisky has a pulse on what women want to read about. We tackle all of the facets of your life, but with a sexy, carefree, and most of all, relatable twist. The Frisky is a site for women everywhere. In short, The Frisky… is Female.”
The website lacks transparency as it does not disclose an owner or editors.
Funded by / Ownership
The Frisky lacks transparency as they do not disclose they were bought by Nebojsa Vujinovic in 2018. According to Buzzfeed “Vujinovic currently charges up to approximately $130 to publish guest posts on an unnamed “magazine blog” that fits the description of the Frisky.”
Analysis / Summary
In review, The Frisky that once was a credible magazine is now a clickbait website with unknown funding sources. The names of authors are pseudonyms and though not overly biased, articles are generally unsourced such as this Market for PPE is Finally Starting to Recover. Under the health category, they tend to publish articles related to pseudoscience such as Celebrities Love Acupuncture: Should You Try It, Too? Acupuncture is an unproven pseudoscience. According to a Buzzfeed investigation, the sole purpose of the website is to manipulate SEO, which is a blackhat practice. See Buzzfeed article here.
Overall, we rate The Frisky Left-Center biased and Questionable based on a lack of transparency, poor sourcing, and the promotion of pseudoscience. (D. Van Zandt 1/31/2017) Updated (2/3/2021)
Last Updated on February 3, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am