These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Cipher Brief least biased based on minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Cipher Brief is a digital platform for the latest security news and high-level analysis. Former CNN Intelligence Correspondent Suzanne Kelly founded the Cipher Brief to deliver global security news and breaches to the public sector.
Funded by / Ownership
Suzanne Kelly owns the Cipher Brief. Advertising and membership fees fund the website.
Analysis / Bias
In review, all articles are well sourced to credible information and written by experts in security. There is minimal bias in the reporting such as this What Intelligence was there on Afghanistan? However, each expert may lean right or left, but always displaying minimal bias. When analyzing a situation, they are always careful to look at both sides to give proper perspective.
Editorially, they provide opinion pieces that are low biased and factual such as this Afghanistan’s Clear and Present Danger. In general, they are least biased and highly factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Cipher Brief least biased based on minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 8/07/2017) Updated (8/28/2021)
Last Updated on August 28, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am