A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate SurvivalBlog Questionable based on extreme ring wing bias and the promotion of conspiracy theories. We also rate them Low for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources to validate claims
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2005, SurvivalBlog was created and written by James Wesley Rawles (“JWR”), who is a novelist. Mr. Wesley clearly spells out the direction of his blog here: “I am a Christian, and hold to Reformed doctrine. My view of history is of the geographical determinist school. My view of economics is of the Austrian school. Politically, I am a Constitutionalist Christian libertarian. All of these have shaped my views on preparedness. HJL has very similar views.” He is also a frequent guest on the infamous conspiracy Alex Jones Infowars show.
Funded by / Ownership
The Survivalblog is owned by James Wesley Rawles and is funded through donations and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, this website serves as a resource for those who want to prepare for the worst. Especially disasters that will be man-made or natural. This source, in particular, sees globalism as the real threat in which they are calling for a second civil war. They also use loaded emotional language to describe headlines such as this: The Leftist Lexicon: Translating Statist Rhetoric Into Plain English, by Ray X. Further, SurvivalBlog is overtly Christian such as this: Spiritual Preparedness for Hard Times, by ZeBo. When it comes to sourcing of information there is not much here besides the bible.
Overall, we rate SurvivalBlog Questionable based on extreme ring wing bias and the promotion of conspiracy theories. We also rate them Low for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources to validate claims. (D. Van Zandt 6/26/2019)
Last Updated on August 23, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am