A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Stranger Than Fiction News Questionable based on poor sourcing, conspiracy theories, and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Lack of Transparency
Founded in 2018, Stranger Than Fiction News is a news website that does not publish original content, but rather provides a summary of news from another source and links to it.
Stranger Than Fiction News 100% lack transparency, though @jonrohnson appears to be the author/publisher.
Funded by / Ownership
We guess this source is owned by @jonrohnson as no other information is available. There does not appear to be a source of revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Stranger Than Fiction News publishes stories from other sources with a short summary. The sources utilized range from credible such as the Associated Press to the questionable, such as the Daily Mail and random Youtube videos, which lack evidence. Essentially, the whole premise of this website is to highlight @jonrohnson’s questionable tweets. This source also promotes right-wing conspiracy theories such as this “they’re CRACKING DOWN on freedom. it’s the f’n crack down, the lock down, the 1984 nightmare you know ain’t ok, and while they’re raping your rights without the astroglide they’re dosing you with 5g, spraying you like bugs and fluoridating vaccinating grooming your kids biatch.”
This is not a credible source.
Overall, we rate Stranger Than Fiction News Questionable based on poor sourcing, conspiracy theories, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 4/27/2020)
Last Updated on April 27, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm