These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate RocketNews Left-Center biased based on the frequent use of sources that we rate as left-leaning. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting as some of the sources utilized have failed facts and promote unsourced information.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2000 by Murray Owen, RocketNews is a news aggregator that also features sponsored articles. According to their about page, “Rocketnews delivers the top stories and the latest news in market news, financial news, business news, science news, health news, technology news, world, and international news, sports news, celebrity news, and online news.”
Funded by / Ownership
Murray Owen owns RocketNews through Murray Owen LLC. The website does not display ads; however, revenue is derived through sponsored content or what they refer to as “commercial news posts.” Commercial Posts typically advertise a product or website that is pre-paid at $100 for one article, $200 for three articles, and $300 for six articles. RocketNews disclaims, “We reserve the right to refuse service to websites we deem inappropriate, objectionable, or used for spam or other questionable ethical purposes other than best practices defined by the major search engines. If your content is deemed inappropriate, we’ll refund your money in full.”
Analysis / Bias
In review, RocketNews features two primary sections, one dedicated to aggregated news from other sources and the other to “features articles,” which lists commercial posts. Aggregated news comes primarily from Al Jazeera and Yahoo News, which we rate Left-Center Biased. Other sources used less frequently are the Washington Post, BBC, Associated Press, and local news affiliates.
Paid Commercial Posts generally promote services or products through articles such as this: What Materials Are Needed to Repair a Roof? While the article is informative and helpful, the purpose of this article is to drive traffic to a roof repairs service website. Although most of the content is harmless and informative, some do not provide a source and advocate unproven claims such as this: 5 High Protein Vegetables For Weight Loss. This article does not source scientific evidence that the claims made have been proven. In general, RocketNews does not express editorial positions; however, most news sources fall along the left-leaning spectrum.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate RocketNews Left-Center biased based on the frequent use of sources that we rate as left-leaning. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting as some of the sources utilized have failed facts as well as the promotion of unsourced information. (D. Van Zandt 6/18/2020) Updated (07/09/2022)
Last Updated on July 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Tenth Amendment Centerby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am