A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Reed Cooper News Questionable based on extreme right bias, promotion of propaganda, and the right-wing conspiracy group, Qanon.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The domain reedcooper.net was purchased in 2017 and registered to Reed Cooper from Virginia. According to their about page, Reed Cooper News is founded and written by a 14-year-old of the same name. They describe the website as “Reed Cooper News supports America and President Trump. Reed Cooper News combats the many liberal fake news outlets. We fight for America and for Trump every day! The Liberal outlets will continue to spew anti-American news, Reed Cooper News will not.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website states that it is owned by Reed Cooper. They also list another author named Gene Van Shaar who appears to be a self-published author through a company called the Clear Creek Institute, which we find little information. The website generates revenue through advertising and a shop that sells branded Pro-Trump merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Reed Cooper News publishes pro-Trump propaganda, with every story favoring his administration. There is the use of loaded language in headlines such as this: Pelosi Has Mental Breakdown, Throws Fit Over Supreme Court Approving Trump’s Wall. This story features an unflattering image of Nancy Pelosi next to a photo of a smiling Trump. In another loaded piece, Trump Slams Al Sharpton For Baltimore Response: He ‘Hates Whites & Cops’, the same biased tactic of using side by side photos is used. This story is also sourced to the Questionable Breitbart.
The website also features a section for voting polls, which again uses Photoshopped photos to bias the voter in favor of the right. Another section called Qanon, reports favorable news in support of the conspiracy group. In general, Reed Cooper News is an extreme right propaganda and conspiracy source.
Overall, we rate Reed Cooper News Questionable based on extreme right bias, promotion of propaganda, and the right-wing conspiracy group, Qanon. (D. Van Zandt 7/30/2019) Updated (8/5/2019)
Last Updated on July 29, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am