Prntly is a politically conservative American website. It was described by Snopes as “a disreputable outlet that has a penchant for publishing both fake news and spurious pro-Trump articles.” According to their about page “Prntly has a long history of providing news to readers online and in social media. Prntly was started in 2014 in New Hampshire has an online printing website for conservative and libertarian candidates for office. The goal was to provide affordable, discounted campaign materials to both movements’ candidates, as an army marches on what it’s equipped with.”
Prntly lacks transparency as they do not clearly disclose ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
Prntly does not clearly state ownership, however revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Prntly does not produce original stories, but rather summarizes and links to external information. Headlines are biased such as this: Police Departments Refusing To Police Democrat National Convention. This headline is not true. This website also heavily reports favorably for Trump with articles such as these Arrest Made In Violent Assault of 82 Year Old Man For His Trump Hat and this Black Trump Supporter MURDERED In Broad Daylight By Gunfire. The common theme is to portray African Americans and other minorities as the source of crime.
Failed Fact Checks
- Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine admitted on Twitter to having an open marriage. – False
Overall, we rate Prntly Questionable and right biased based on story selection, poor sourcing, lack of transparency and false claims. (D. Van Zandt 10/6/2016) Updated (9/5/2020)
Last Updated on September 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am