These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate the Port Charlotte Sun as Least biased based on neutral straight news reporting with minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Port Charlotte Sun is a daily newspaper published in Port Charlotte, Florida. The paper covers news and crime reports in the Port Charlotte region.
Funded by / Ownership
The newspaper is owned by Adams Publishing Group, which holds over one hundred papers across the USA. Stephen Adams is the owner and donates to Republicans, raising 1 million dollars for George W. Bush in 2000. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Port Charlotte Sun covers local news through journalists with minimal bias in wording, such as this Authorities: Man tried to steal boat, caught from above. Local news relies on quotes, interviews, and accounts as sourcing. National and world news comes directly from the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Port Charlotte Sun does not publish op-eds and generally reports news with minimal opining. Finally, they are fact-based and demonstrate low bias in reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Port Charlotte Sun as Least biased based on neutral straight news reporting with minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 05/06/2022)
Last Updated on May 6, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm