These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Parry Sound Beacon Star Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Parry Sound Beacon Star is a newspaper published in Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada. parrysound.com/parrysound-news/ provides online local, national, and world news for the greater Parry Sound, Ontario region.
Read our profile on the Canadian government’s influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
The publisher of the Parry Sound Beacon Star is Metroland Media Group Ltd., a subsidiary of Nordstar Capital LP. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Parry Sound Beacon Star uses low biased wording when reporting local news such as this: Seguin ups tax bills an average of just over $50. National news is derived through the Canadian Press, while world news comes from the Associated Press.
Editorially, a review of op-eds slightly favors the left. In general, they are fact-based and hold a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Parry Sound Beacon Star Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 05/06/2022)
Last Updated on May 6, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm