These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Now Magazine Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor a progressive liberal perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 1981, Now Toronto, also known as Now Magazine, is an alternative entertainment weekly from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Now Magazine coverage features news, culture, arts, and entertainment.
Funded by / Ownership
Now Magazine is owned by Michael Hollett and Alice Klein. According to their about page, Now Magazine is a certified B Corporation. B is for “benefit,” and B Corps are a new global designation for sustainable businesses. Now publishes on recycled paper with vegetable inks. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Now utilizes moderate loaded words in their headlines such as “Inquiry into alleged Bruce McArthur murders puts chief in hot seat” and typically they source to credible sources such as The Star, CBC News (Canadian), and NY Times; however, they also use unreviewed sources such as strategyonline.ca, aqualitas.ca, and cannabisatwork.com.
Now Magazine presents left-biased coverage of USA news such as “Trump’s Colonel Blimp brigade pushing Trudeau government to rapidly increase military spending.” They also criticize PM Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government, for example, “Libs’ marijuana legalization tour touches down in the Big Smoke, and things quickly get wacky. Message to Justin: dude, the hypocrisy is becoming a little too hard to take.”
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Now Magazine Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor a progressive liberal perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 3/22/2018) Updated (01/16/2022)
Last Updated on January 16, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am