These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2000, The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is a daily newspaper published in Fayetteville, Ark. The paper is the regional affiliate of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and is published by Northwest Arkansas Newspapers LLC.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette covers local news through reporters with minimal bias in wording such as this, Covid-19 deaths, cases increase in Northwest Arkansas. National and international news is produced by the Associated Press as well as the parent Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
Editorially, the opinion page slightly favors the right with stories such as this EDITORIAL: Take them literally, which criticizes the left for the term “defund the police.” Their parent paper the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette has traditionally endorsed Republican candidates, however, in 2016 they refused to endorse Donald Trump or any candidate for that matter. However, in 2015 they supported the left leaning City of Fayetteville LGBT “Uniform Civil Rights Protection Ordinance.” In general, news reporting is factual and low biased, while editorials slightly favor the right.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/2/2020)
Last Updated on July 2, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds