- Overall, we rate News Hour First Far-Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, right-wing propaganda, the use of poor sources, a lack of transparency, and evidence of misinformation.
Questionable Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Lack of Transparency, False Information
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020, News Hour First is an anonymously run blog that features conservative news and commentary. There is a lack of transparency as they do not provide an about page, disclose editors or ownership. Further, links to their social media pages do not work.
Funded by / Ownership
News Hour First lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, News Hour First does not feature original reporting but rather summarized news stories with added conservative commentary. Articles and headlines almost always contain strong, loaded, emotionally charged wording that favors the right such as this Democrats FORCED to Admit All Their Sly Covid Pork Vocally on the Senate Floor and this After Republicans Put a Stop to Joes Nonsense, Beijing Biden Crying like the Kids He Sniffs.
Editorially, all stories favor the right and especially former President Donald Trump, while denigrating the left. During 2020, they promoted anti-mask propaganda such as this New Study Shows Mask mandate POINTLESS. In this article, they reference a Danish Mask Study Danish study finds masks don’t do much that has been rated as Unsupported by IFCN fact-checker Health Feedback. Further, during and after the 2020 Presidential Election, News Hour First promoted election fraud conspiracies such as this Massive Voter Fraud DUMP Discovered! As of this date, there has not been evidence produced to indicate any widespread, consequential election fraud occurred. In general, News Hour First is a far-right biased source that completely lacks credibility.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have not officially been fact-checked; however, we provide examples above of misinformation.
Overall, we rate News Hour First Far-Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, right-wing propaganda, the use of poor sources, a lack of transparency, and evidence of misinformation. (D. Van Zandt 3/10/2021) Updated (02/28/2022)
Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am