These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate MyCentralJersey.com Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
MyCentralJersey.com is the home page for the Courier News (Founded 1884) and the Home News Tribune (Founded 1879). Both papers provide central New Jersey news, sports, crime, and lifestyle. The website provides news from both sources.
Funded by / Ownership
MyCentralJersey.com is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, MyCentralJersey.com covers news, sports, lifestyle, and entertainment for the greater central New Jersey area. Local news is reported with minimal loaded emotional language, such as this New Brunswick shooting under investigation. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press.
Editorially, MyCentralJersey.com publishes opinion pieces in a dedicated section. Editorials often lean slightly left, such as this Joe Biden, the victor, and 46th president, must move America forward | Editorial. The news is generally reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate MyCentralJersey.com Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/8/2020) Updated (05/22/2022)
Last Updated on May 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm