These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Malaysia Today Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that favor the right. We also rate them Mixed factually due to poor sourcing and not providing links to their sources.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: Malaysia 101/180
Founded in 2004, Malaysia Today is a popular Malaysian news blog that is currently hosted in Singapore and the editor in chief is Raja Petra Kamarudin who resides in England.
Funded by / Ownership
Malaysia Today does not openly disclose ownership and revenue appears to be derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
According to Reporters without borders Malaysia ranks 101/180 on the Press Freedom Index due to the media environment in Malaysia being threatened by increasing censorship.
In review, Malaysia Today uses loaded language in their headlines and articles such as “Gerakan Contented To Be A Mosquito Party?” Malaysia Today tends to poorly source their articles such as this: “Zahid: Pakatan Needs To Resolve DAP, PPBM Problems Before Registration”, however, they report international news with low bias and maintain factual reporting.
Editorially, they favor the right such as this The Time Has Come For A Malay Right-Wing Party.
Overall, we rate Malaysia Today Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that favor the right. We also rate them Mixed factually due to poor sourcing and not providing links to their sources. (M. Huitsing 11/20/2017) Updated (4/18/2020)
Last Updated on June 7, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds