- Overall, we rate the Maine Beacon Left Biased based on editorial positions that routinely favor the progressive left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing, clear transparency, and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
According to the Maine Beacon about page: “Beacon is a website and podcast created by the Maine People’s Alliance.” The Maine People’s Alliance is a nonprofit grassroots community action group dedicated to social, racial, and environmental justice. Maine Beacon covers various topics, including caregiving children, clean energy, climate change, corporate influence, democracy, drug policy, economy. The current editor is Lauren McCauley.
Funded by / Ownership
The Maine People’s Alliance owns and publishes the Maine Beacon. The Maine People’s Alliance (MPA) is funded through donations and is a 501(c)(4) organization that aims to advocate policymakers and educate residents regarding economic, environmental, racial, and social justice.
Analysis / Bias
The Maine Beacon is an online publication that publishes progressive news and opinions about the state of Maine. Topics cover liberal perspectives on social justice, the environment, and limitations of corporate influence on Government. Articles and headlines contain moderately emotional language such as this ‘Big and bold’ infrastructure bill still falls short on fighting climate change.
Editorially, all stories favor the left and most times denigrate with right with articles such as this Opinion: Let’s not hang out the welcome sign for right-wing extremism. In general, information is properly sourced to credible media outlets.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Maine Beacon Left Biased based on editorial positions that routinely favor the progressive left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing, clear transparency, and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/17/2017) Updated (8/17/2921)
Last Updated on August 17, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am