These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Lexington Herald-Leader Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1870, the Lexington Herald-Leader is a newspaper based in the U.S. city of Lexington, Kentucky. The current editor is Peter Baniak.
Funded by / Ownership
The Lexington Herald-Leader is owned by Chatham Asset Management, a New Jersey-based hedge fund that holds a large equity stake in Postmedia and majority ownership of American Media Inc. In 2020, Chatham Asset Management bought the McClatchy Company which owned numerous newspapers around the USA and has won several Pulitzer Prizes. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Lexington Herald-Leader covers local news through reporters with minimal bias such as this Kentucky sees tenth straight week of declining COVID-19 cases, Gov. Andy Beshear reports. National and international comes from other McClatchy papers and the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Lexington Herald-Leader tends to favor Democratic candidates. In general, they report the news factually and with a slight left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Lexington Herald-Leader Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/17/2017) Updated (3/21/2021)
Last Updated on March 21, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am