- Overall, we rate the Informer right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of pro-government propaganda, poor sourcing, and highly sensationalized news that is difficult to verify.
Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Sensationalism
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2012, the Informer is a Serbian online tabloid news magazine. The Informer focuses on tabloid-style sensational news content focusing on lifestyle and entertainment with little actual news and political reporting.
Funded by / Ownership
Dragan Vučićević owns informer through Insajder Tim. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Informer predominantly delivers tabloid-style lifestyle news and crime stories that are heavily image-focused with sensational headlines such as “Even half of the men can’t get it up, and they are to blame for everything.”
When covering national news, the headlines support the government, such as “SERBIA NEEDS VUCIC! Dacic at the pre-election rally: He is the best solution for the crisis times that follow!” According to Balkan Insight, pro-Serbian government media such as the Informer “hailed the Russian invasion of Ukraine on their front pages,” with the headline titled ”Russia reached Kyiv in a day.” When it comes to sourcing, the Informer rarely uses hyperlinks but does offer quotations and social media links. In general, they promote right-wing pro-government propaganda and lack credibility due to poor sourcing and overly sensationalized stories.
Failed Fact Checks
- Kosovar Albanians were planning to kidnap Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic in retribution for statements he made on Kosovo. – False
Overall, we rate the Informer right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of pro-government propaganda, poor sourcing, and highly sensationalized news that is difficult to verify. (M. Huitsing 03/18/2022)
Last Updated on March 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm