These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate India TV Right-Center Biased based on story selection that favors the right-leaning Government. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to the promotion of pseudoscience under their lifestyle section.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2004 by Rajat Sharma and his wife, Ritu Dhawan, India TV is a Hindi news channel based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. India TV focuses on news, politics, sports, culture and entertainment, lifestyle, and Bollywood Gossip.
Funded by / Ownership
Independent News Service (INS) is India TV’s parent company, which is owned by Rajat Sharma and his wife, Ritu Dhawan. Please see their About Page for more details regarding ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, India TV publishes articles with emotionally loaded language and with a pro-Narendra Modi tone (Current Prime Minister and right-wing nationalist party BJP leader) such as “Beware of ‘Foreign Destructive Ideology’: PM Modi,” and “PM Narendra Modi combines humor with sincerity in interactive session with India’s Tokyo-bound athletes.”
Although biased in favor of Modi, they also cover his critics, such as “’Arbitrary & discriminatory’: Sonia Gandhi writes to PM Modi over new vaccine policy.” Under the Lifestyle section, India TV sometimes promotes pseudoscience such as “Vastu Tips: Add salt to water while cleaning the house to destroy negative energy.” There is no evidence to support this claim. When it comes to sourcing, they hyperlink to themselves and utilize the PTI (The Press Trust of India Ltd.,) news agency and IANS News Agency and their own news desk.
When covering world news about the USA, they tend to cover the Biden administration positively “India was there for us, and we will be there for them: Biden after talks with PM Modi.” In general, they moderately favor the right and report news factually, however, they sometimes promote pseudoscience as evidenced above.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate India TV Right-Center Biased based on story selection that favors the right-leaning Government. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to the promotion of pseudoscience under their lifestyle section. (M. Huitsing 7/16/2021)
Last Updated on January 25, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am