A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Gucmakale.com strongly left-biased and Questionable based on poor sourcing of information and a complete lack of transparency regarding authors and ownership.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2018, Gucmakale is a feminist news and opinion website that directs to the Femalista website which is affiliated with the Facebook page Women’s Rights News. According to their about page “We promote and advocate an array of topics from global gender equality, feminism, gay rights, shaming & bullying, body positive & acceptance, rape, rape culture, victim blaming, reproductive rights / pro-choice, women’s health, domestic & sexual abuse, survivor & victim stories, SHEroes, human rights, gender pay gap and so much more.
Other than an about page the website lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership, editors, or authors.
Funded by / Ownership
Gucmakale does not openly state ownership, however, on the terms and conditions page, it indicates they are controlled by Perfect Insight, Inc. A search for this company reveals they were dissolved in 2017. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Gucmakale is essentially a mirror website of Femalista.com that breaks news down into categories such as Women, Activism, Beauty & Health, Body & Love, LGBT, Parenting, and Politics. Story selection favors a liberal perspective and utilizes moderately loaded emotional wording such as this Ex-Homophobes Share What Was The Eye-Opener That Changed Their Minds. This story, like most, is published by the anonymous Vicky and is sourced to Social Media. A review of several articles indicates they do not source information properly.
For more information on editorial bias please read our review for Femalista.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Gucmakale.com strongly left-biased and Questionable based on poor sourcing of information and a complete lack of transparency regarding authors and ownership. (D. Van Zandt 7/13/2020)
Last Updated on July 13, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm