A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be untrustworthy and should be fact-checked per article. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Gucmakale.com strongly left-biased and Questionable based on poor sourcing of information and a complete lack of transparency regarding authors and ownership.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2018, Gucmakale is a feminist news and opinion website that directs to the Femalista website, which is affiliated with the Facebook page Women’s Rights News. According to their about page, “We promote and advocate an array of topics from global gender equality, feminism, gay rights, shaming & bullying, body-positive & acceptance, rape, rape culture, victim-blaming, reproductive rights / pro-choice, women’s health, domestic & sexual abuse, survivor & victim stories, SHEroes, human rights, gender pay gap and so much more.
Besides an about page, the website lacks transparency as it does not disclose ownership, editors, or authors.
Funded by / Ownership
Gucmakale does not openly state ownership; however, the terms and conditions page indicates they are controlled by Perfect Insight, Inc. A search for this company reveals they were dissolved in 2017. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Gucmakale is a mirror website of Femalista.com that breaks news down into categories such as Women, Activism, Beauty & Health, Body & Love, LGBT, Parenting, and Politics. Story selection favors a liberal perspective and utilizes moderately loaded emotional wording such as this Ex-Homophobes Share What Was The Eye-Opener That Changed Their Minds. This story, like most, is published by the anonymous Vicky and is sourced to Social Media. A review of several articles indicates they do not source information properly.
For more information on the editorial bias, please read our review for Femalista.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Gucmakale.com strongly left-biased and Questionable based on poor sourcing of information and a complete lack of transparency regarding authors and ownership. (D. Van Zandt 7/13/2020) Updated (06/29/2022)
Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am