Fight for the Future (FFTF) is a nonprofit advocacy group in the area of digital rights founded in 2011. The group aims to promote causes related to copyright legislation and online privacy and censorship through the use of the internet.
Funded by / Ownership
Fight for the Future is a nonprofit funded by donations. They are transparent as they list their financials here.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Fight for the Future advocates for net neutrality and issues related to digital freedom. FFTF uses minimally loaded language in their headlines and articles. All information is well sourced to credible information and usually links to .gov and .org sites. A factual search reveals only one claim that was rated Mostly True.
Editorially, they align with moderate left with articles focused on human rights such as this 25+ human rights organizations demand Congress center the needs of marginalized people when regulating decentralized tech. In general, more stories favor the left, and news is reported factually.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Fight for the Future Left-Center biased based on political positions such as advocacy for Net Neutrality and human rights. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on excellent sourcing and never failing a fact check. (D. Van Zandt 3/17/2018) Updated (01/14/2022)
Last Updated on January 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm