The Corvallis Gazette-Times is a newspaper published in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The paper covers news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion for York and the surrounding area. gazettetimes.com serves as the domain for the online version of the newspaper.
Funded by / Ownership
Lee Enterprises owns and publishes the Corvallis Gazette-Times. According to Open Secrets, Lee Enterprises donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians from 1990 until 2016. However, during the 2020 election cycle, they donated 70% to Democratic candidates and causes. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Corvallis Gazette-Times reports on news, sports, weather, crime, and entertainment for the greater Corvallis, Oregon region. Reporters demonstrate minimal bias when reporting local news, such as this Harrisburg man involved in fatal crash in Lane County. Further, the website publishes national and international news from the Associated Press. Finally, all information is sourced via first-person accounts or through credible media.
Editorially, the Corvallis Gazette-Times reasonably represents both sides. A review of editorial articles demonstrates a reasonable low bias; however, slightly more op-eds favor the right. While more op-eds favor the right, liberal perspectives have fair representation; therefore, they earn a least biased rating on the right side of the scale. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Corvallis Gazette-Times Least Biased based on reasonably balanced editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 04/22/2022)
Last Updated on April 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am