These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
Update: This source is no longer online.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Corporate Presidency is a news and information website run by the left leaning Public Citizen organization. According to their about page the mission is to:
- Highlight conflicts of interest involving President Trump and pervading the administration, investigating and identifying problems and amplifying those already discovered.
- Communicate the dangers of these conflicts, focusing on conflicts, corruption and revolving door abuses related to key staff, cabinet officials and advisors drive policies that hurt America.
- Expose the use of the presidency for self-enrichment of the Trump family and how the conflicts will harm the American people.
- Investigate, uncover and publicize the vast array of corporate favors doled out by the Trump administration, focusing especially on policies, subsidies and deregulatory moves otherwise escaping attention.
- Use all available advocacy tools — including research, social media, litigation, grassroots organizing, lobbying and more — to limit abuses of power related to Trump’s conflicts of interest.
In review, Corporate Presidency’s sole purpose is to demonstrate how President Trump’s policy benefits the wealthy more so than the middle class and poor. They also expose Trump’s conflicts of interest as it relates to his wealth and family connections. Corporate Presidency uses mild to moderate loaded words, but always sources their information to credible media. A factual search reveals they have not failed any fact checks. Further, they are used as a resource for the least biased Sunlight Foundation, that tracks money in politics. Overall, we rate Corporate Presidency strongly Left-Center Biased based on story selection that favors left leaning economics and High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing. (D. Van Zandt 2/6/2018)