These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate ABC Spain Right-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1903, by Torcuato Luca de Tena y Álvarez-Ossorio. ABC is a Spanish newspaper headquartered in Madrid, Spain. ABC has eleven editions, with Madrid and Seville being most prominent. ABC provides local and international news on politics, government, culture, social issues, and sporting events. The director of ABC is Bieito Rubido Ramonde.
Funded by / Ownership
Vocento currently owns ABC. Vocento has several shareholders through several companies, and none of them holds a dominant position. For example, one of the large shareholders of Vocento is the Ybarra family through the company Mezouna S.A. The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Vocento is D. Ignacio Ybarra Aznar, and revenue is derived from subscriptions and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
ABC is known as Spain’s conservative newspaper of record.
In review, Spanish national news is reported with relatively low bias with articles and headlines such as this Madrid prepares a “return operation” for the return to normality in September. International news is provided through correspondents in other countries as well as newswire services such as AFP.
Editorially, the paper holds a conservative perspective with favorable reports on the Catholic Church “Self confessionals” in the US: a priest hears confessions from the car for the coronavirus and frequent criticism of socialism The Valencian Socialists, against the Monarchy: “There is no room for Kings that nobody has voted. When reporting on USA politics, there is a reasonable balance with slightly more negative toward Trump The great march against racism turns into a repudiation of Trump. In general, the news is reported factually and with a right-leaning conservative bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate ABC Spain Right-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/29/2020) Updated (01/05/2022)
Last Updated on January 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am