A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate 2nd Amendment Daily News Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies, as well as poor sourcing, and a complete lack of transparency.
Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2017, 2nd Amendment Daily News is a far-right conservative news and opinion website that advocates for gun rights. According to their about page, they state, “Gritty, real-life stories of law-abiding people who are forced to use a firearm to defend themselves and their loved ones! Are you prepared for this?”
This website lacks transparency as it does not name authors or disclose ownership.
Funding / Ownership
2nd Amendment Daily News does not disclose ownership, and revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, 2nd Amendment Daily News publishes news and opinion pieces related to firearms, legislation, and gun defense from an extreme right perspective. Headlines and articles frequently denigrate Democrats and liberal policies such as this: Radical Gun Grabber Exposed in Special Idaho Election and this David Hogg’s Delusions: Wants His Body Used As a Prop If He Dies By Gun Violence. This second story concerning David Hogg is sourced to tweets and states that David Hogg is being funded by Michael Bloomberg and George Soros, which is a false claim. In general, 2nd Amendment Daily News routinely publishes pro-gun propaganda and conspiracies that are not factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- There is no record of them being fact-checked by a third party.
Overall, we rate 2nd Amendment Daily News Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies, as well as poor sourcing, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 11/28/2019) Updated (01/05/2022)
Last Updated on May 26, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am