Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “Bibles banned in California moves one step closer to evil reality.”
PolitiFact rating: False (A 2018 California bill, which did not become law, would not have banned the Bible.)
|Claim via Social media: Bill Gates released genetically modified mosquitos in the US.
USA Today rating: False (While the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation provided funding to the company Oxitec for “mosquito field trials” in September 2020, none of those funds were used to release genetically modified mosquitoes in the U.S.)
|Claim via Social Media: World Economic Forum “calls for AI to rewrite Bible, create ‘religions that are actually correct’”
PolitiFact rating: False (Articles and social media posts misconstrued remarks Yuval Noah Harari, a Hebrew University of Jerusalem history professor, made about artificial intelligence during a recent interview. Harari does not hold a leadership position at the World Economic Forum, and his comments on AI were not made at a WEF event.)
|MISLEADING||Claim via Social Media: Trump’s children forced to attend class, barred from operating a charity.
USA Today rating: Misleading (It is true that Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. were forced to attend a court-mandated class as part of an agreement to resolve the lawsuit. However, they weren’t forbidden from operating a charity as the post claims.)
|Claim via Viral Image: A picture showing two children walking in public past four naked men standing next to bikes was captured at a Pride-themed event in June 2023.
Snopes.com rating: False (It is a photo from a London Bike event and not related to Pride.)
|FALSE||(International: France): Protestors in France have released animals from the zoo.
PolitiFact rating: False (Many of the video clips in these claims are old or from other countries.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
Follow Media Bias Fact Check:
The Latest Factual News
- MBFC’s Weekly Media Literacy Quiz Covering the Week of Sep 17th – Sep 23rdby Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 7:30 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/23/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Defend Democracy Pressby Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 4:00 am
- House Dem: Bob Menendez should resign
- Biden to walk picket line with UAW
- Border apprehensions up nearly 27 percent from July to August
- Trump demands Republicans shut down government to ‘defund’ his criminal prosecutionsby newsfactsnetwork on September 22, 2023 at 1:16 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/22/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on September 22, 2023 at 6:00 am